RIHLA #4


Advertisement
South America
October 2nd 2011
Published: October 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. Why did you choose this particular issue to learn more about? (Remember, I am giving you the choice to CHOOSE the issue...what sparked your interest and why?) I chose "Mental Illness and Homelessness". I chose this because I feel that this is the biggest issue on why homeless people are homeless.

2. What did you learn about from this article? How is this particular issue effected by homelessness?
The overall problem is that it's hard to keep a program for the homeless because of money issues. I learned that since mental illness is a cause of homeless it has a high percentage but also is the thrid largest cause of homelessness. Also homeless can maintain a relationship because it is hard for them because they are mentally il.

3. In what ways do your findings relate to what we have discussed in class?
This relates to what we discussed in class because we were talking about the caste system and how lower class is treated like homeless people. Also how Dalits in India are treated just like homeless people because they are lower class.

4. What actions if any, or futher investigating does this article make you want to pursue?
This article makes me want to know how to prevent people from becoming homeless because they are treated just like Dalits and no one shows respect for them. Also find new organizations that support the homeless people and help them with their disabilities.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb