RIHLA #3


Advertisement
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands' flag
South America » South Georgia
September 25th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. How does this article relate to what we are learning in class?
In world history we are currently learning about India and their caste system which is about India's caste system based on Hinduism. The certain classes like for example higher and lower class people. 

2. Based upon the Hinduism/Caste System activity from class, how do you think people respond to the caste system in India?
In class we all had different roles of the caste system and their was only one person who was the leader, the Brahmans. The rest of the caste system had no idea what their role was but to listen to the Brahmans. From this we learned that the brahmans aren't allowed to associate with the untouchables,which back in their time they probably reacted to it as normal because the brahmans had so much power to do what ever they want. In today's society they don't have the caste system because it is cruel and inhuman to peoples rights as citizens.

3. How does the treatment of the Dalits (untouchables), relate to treatment of groups of people in United States history?
The treatment of the Dalits relate to slavery because slavery was cruel and inhuman but the people still listened to their slave owners because they had higher power, like the Brahmans.

4. What interested you about this article or what about this article causes you to ask questions? Please refer to specific evidence when possible.
In this article the thing that interest me is that back durning the caste system their ways were inhuman to all kinds men,women, and children. In the beginning it talked about a boy picking flowers and he was killed, like in society today we don't do that, so back then they were cruel to human rights and citizens.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb