Bienvendidos para Uruguay!


Advertisement
Published: April 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

We made it to Uruguay yesterday afternoon. We took a ferry across the river from Buenos Aires to Colonia. It took one hour on a hydro boat, which is the fast ferry. If we would have taken the slow ferry, it would take 3 hours to cross it! So, you can imagine how wide the river is! One thing Gerard and I noticed here in South America is that the transportation is pretty efficient.

Uruguay is different than Argentina even though they are neighboring countries. We do sense that the people here are not as well off as the Argentines but are very friendly. Our taxi driver last night, Sebastian, was very anxious to please Gerard and I with his American music! He was so excited to share Guns n Roses and Lenny Kravitz with us! He also told us that he loved the movie Philadelphia and Clint Eastwood. Also he asked us if we liked Bush as our president. Gerard and I gave him the thumbs down sign and booed! He laughed and said "Clinton" and gave the thumbs up! Too funny! Keep in mind Sebastian did not speak any English so this is my interpretation! I am able to understand the Spanish a little bit but have a hard time speaking it so I end up doing a lot of actions with my hands and face. It is very entertaining!

We are staying at a Sheraton here in Uruguay and it is a beautiful place. We consider this the relaxing part of our vacation now. We only have 3 full days left here so we are trying to make the most of it. We are thinking of taking the bus to Montevideo tomorrow (the capital of Uruguay). It is not too far from here. We are going to go to a casino tonight (gambling is allowed in Uruguay but not Argentina).

This morning I opened up the newspaper the Sheraton gave us and I see the word North Dakota. There was an article about Obama and Clinton's visit to ND. I thought that was great that I am in Uruguay and saw an article on ND. 😊

Well, I better wrap this up and head to the pool! The weather is beautiful today so need to get my tan on!

Buen dia!







Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb