River Wild!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Today Gerard and I went white water rafting down the Mendoza River in the Andes Mountains. It was a ton of fun and the first time I have ever done that. Gerard fell out of the boat towards the end but we rescued him! Our boat was the English speaking boat with us, a New Zealander and a couple from Holland. The rapids were a Class 3 out of a Class 6 so not super crazy but we got some good ones in. The water was completely brown from the dirt in the river bottom and freezing cold. We had wetsuits plus wet jackets on to stay warm. The weather was beautiful today though so that helped keep us warm.

Tonight we are going to grab dinner in the city center of Mendoza. Mendoza has about 110,000 people so not big like Buenos Aires. We are flying out tomorrow to head back to Buenos Aires and then catching a ferry to Uruguay. The ferry will take about one hour as we will be on a super fast ferry. We will be staying in a town called Colonia in Uruguay for 4 nights and then ferry back to Buenos Aires to catch our flight home.

The trip so far has been great but we are missing home a little. I think it is because of the language barrier. We can communicate enough to get around but that is about it. It is a little isolating at times so today was great to be around English speakers.

The next time you hear from me I will be blogging to you from Uruguay!

buenas noches



Advertisement



4th April 2008

hi
Hi Guys Sounds like you're having an AMAZING time, wish I was there, have lots of fun, I will keep checking in to learn more about your travels. White water rafting sounds like so much fun, I want to do that one day. take care

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb