Floating Islands


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Lake Titicaca » Uros Island
April 13th 2006
Published: April 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We entered Peru 15 mins from Copacabana and changed our Bolivianos for Soles, so we could start spending!

We arrived in Puno, we are here because we want to go and visit the floating islands (Uros) and Taquile as we have heard they are beautiful.

We went out early to the floating islands, islands made of reeds, the houses the ground and everything. The staple diet of the people of the islands is also reeds. It was very cute, little communities on each island. We took a reed boat from one island to the other. A traditional way of transport... and really comfy.

From the islands we headed on another boat to Taquile Island. Which is the largest island on the Peruvian side of the lake. It was beautiful. We got off and walked up to the top, had lunch at the top (more trout), saw the locals knitting, its what they are famous for. Then we headed down the other side. It is a really beautiful island. And Lake Titicaca is my favourite lake in the world, it is so clean and stunning.

I like Peru already, its lovely. There are loads of things to do. Lo and I are very excited... We are just off to meet Lotte in Lima, straight off the plane from England! She is joining us for 2 weeks, we are all going to go trekking the inca trail to macchu picu. How exciting!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 122; dbt: 0.1514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb