The sun Island


Advertisement
Published: April 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We Left La Paz (for the last time) on a bus to Copacabana, on the edge of lake Titicaca. The highest lake of this size in the world. It is a beautuful lake with really clear waters and amazing islands dotting in the middle.

One of which- the biggest, is Isla Del Sol. We headed there for the day to follow the steps of the Incas. We arrived and walked to the north where the temple is. A really spiritual place of worship, built like a labinth - really amazing and special. The views from ther temple are amazing, its definatly a place I could spend hours just sitting there.

We walked 3 hours to the south, the walk was amazing - views of the bluest water, all around. The land on the island is in a terrace and sooo green- with amazing trees. In the distance we could see the mountains that we climbed- they looked beautiful too, we were up there looking down, now seeing it from this way and it was great. Much warmer!!
The people that live on this island are very lucky. It is beautiful.

We headed back to Copacabana and had some trout from the lake, best trout ever!!
This is the last place in Bolivia we will see (for now), as we leave for Peru. Our time in Bolivia has been amazing, I have seen hundreds of things I never even knew existed, I have met so many lovely people, especially the people of Bolivia. We have had many adventures here, it will be sad to leave. I really do love Bolivia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The mountains in the background... The mountains in the background...
The mountains in the background...

and the amazing blue water


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb