Deserts and demons!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, yesterday we started our trip for real. After a quick wander round Piura for some brekkie and a money stop, we hopped on a bus to Máncora - a beach in the middle of the desert! Consequently is pretty hot..and looks like a scene from "The Hills Have Eyes" - one of the many qualitly films me and Kat have seen on buses since being in South America. Still, wasnt quite as good as "Dogs of the Devil..3!!" which was a piece of cinematic genius..ahem..
Anyway, Had a lovely S/. 10 dinner and tried Cristal - the national beer of Perú! Got to be done..! Off for an early night after that!

On our second day we..well sunbathed! We had planned to surf, but the rocks didnt look to friendly so we gave up on that one..and went shopping again! second day was however filled with an over enthusuastic hotel owner who said we could stay there for free..we smiled awkwardly and backed away..and then a lovely columbian guy who decided I looked like the kind of person that would want weed and cocaine - from his restaurant..he would of been Columbian wouldnt he?! Another one of many smile and back away moments! To cheer ourselves up after our interesting encounters, we went and had the best sandwiches and brownies EVER! Mmmm..heaven! Suprisingly enough, we went to bed pretty soon after that! Honestly, youd think we had nothing better to do!

On the third day, we intended on going to the mudbaths but being us couldn't be bothered! Did some more market shopping and hanging round the pool. (Yes, our budget hostal has a pool - love it!)
Had another great food experience at an Austrian vegetarian cafe with apfel strudel. Always good to sample the local delicacies I say!
Watched the sunset on the beach complete with a friendly pelican who decided to join us for the view! And once again back to bed early..!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb