"And there off!"


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So our first day off travelling started..well less than successfully! Had a hellish start of 4.30am wake up call in order to catch the first bus of the morning from Vilcabamba to Loja..unfortunatley as we were in Ecuador, suprisingly enough this didn't turn up until 5.50am..leaving us just enough time to make the 7am but to Piura..unfortuntely we werent that lucky and as we were going into the terminal, our lovely bus passed us going out. Damn. Unfortunatley this then meant a six hour wait in Loja bus terminal in order to get the 1pm bus. After going for a chicken and rice breakfast, playing chess magnetically, admiring the man and his cockeral and then making friendship bracelts - much to the amusement of the locals, the time passed reletively rapidly and we got safely onto our Perú bus!

Reached the Peruvian border at six..looking a little less hot than we had done 18 hours earlier and then had a very relaxed border crossing with a quick passport flash and some forms and then a quick walk to the other side! Perú! Took another hour and a half to Piura, changed some money with the help of a very friendly and easy to understand taxi driver (if only it had stayed like that!!) and the hopped into a hostal and into bed! Lovely jubbly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb