11th of August Continued


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
August 12th 2013
Published: August 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The flight did leave on time and was about half an hour or more early to arrive. So after more than a year in the concept and planing, here I am in South America! Strange thing is that coming in to land it didn't look that much different to the Australian country side with farms and farm houses with junk all around. Well that's if one ignores the fact that the plane is flying down a corridor between two spectacular snow capped mountain ranges. From what I could see, the vegetation around Santiago didn't look that different either. The temperature is 7 degrees.

We had a couple of hours lay-over at the airport and then back on the plane on the next leg of the adventure. And team Qantas has forged out in front again. Somehow Liz and I have ended up on a different flight. So we are forging the way - by about an hour.

An interesting start to this flight as well. Everybody was lined up at Gate 16 as instructed when an announcement came over in Spanish. At that everyone literally ran away. It turns out our plane was at Gate 11. I didn't find out why but I'm guessing it was because the flight before didn't get out as soon as expected.

The flight to Liam was fairly uneventful. The sight of the Andes poking out above the cloud layer was something to see.

Customs was OK except Liz walked off with the wrong bag and got called back by customs - after we were well through the baggage area. Poor Jorge had to wait for ages until everything got sorted.

The traffic is mad - no blinkers, just lots of honking horns and flashing headlights.

The hotel is much better than I was expecting.

And some photos - not good ones yet but you take what you can get.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Andes from the Santiago terminalThe Andes from the Santiago terminal
The Andes from the Santiago terminal

Not enough contrast between the mountains and the cloud
Again from the Santiago terminalAgain from the Santiago terminal
Again from the Santiago terminal

No matter what I did I could get that contrast but if you look hard you can make it out.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb