In need of a rest


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
September 12th 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from the planeView from the planeView from the plane

Just coming over the Andes in Peru
Hola Mis Amigos,

Arrived in Lima as sheduled at about 5.30 yesterday. Nothing exciting to report on the way here. although the views from the plane over the amazon were pretty cool! All very straight forward with flights etc. Went through Lima airport no probs and my taxi man was waiting for me at the other side. After hearing stories about negotiating a taxi to be a bit nightmarish, was quite dissappointed, no-one really wanted me in there taxi!

Fun and games on the way back though... He showed me to his "small limozene" which is the smallest car I have ever been in. Taxi driver was highly amusing and was keen for me to practice my spanish. This turned into a mix of Spanish and English as really couldn't be bothered to even think by that point! The reason for his tiny car became appartent as the games started on the road. (pictures will be added shortly) Basically the thinner your car the smaller gaps you can fit through, weaving our way though crazy traffic with all kinds of odd car, trucks buses etc. Second key point is to keep as close as possible to the car infront so that no-one can possibly get infront of you! So after a lot of stopping and starting, beeping and signalling with his left arm due to a lack of left indicator and nearly being sandwiched between all kinds of massive trucks, got back to the hostel pretty shattered. So got some water and retired to bed!

Been round Lima today, interesting place, but getting a bit bored already, also shattered so heading off to Huaraz this evening for a bit of a relax!

Will add some photos soon!

Much Love




Advertisement



14th September 2007

Hello!so you have arrived on your travels!i'm so excited for you. Hope you enjopy peru and all its sights. have loads of fun and can't wait to hear what you've been up too. xxx
15th September 2007

howday partnnner!
I thought people in saff america were all cowboys mate! Where you got to now pal? So far Sheffield has become a lot more ramdom. People are climbing walls with there heads it's proper mental. Anyways hope your enjoying im off 2 newcasle in a week to puke in te tyne so what im doing beats you hands down.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb