The Capital of Peru - shopping time


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
October 22nd 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Love Lima´s LlamasLove Lima´s LlamasLove Lima´s Llamas

Yes, still at the market........
We arrived at 10pm and were told not to leave the hotel at night as it was too dangerous. So our first night we stayed in and enjoyed our huge hotel room that was fit for kings.
Ofcourse, the next day we found the city to be less than dangerous.
Again, we were given a whole 24 hours to do what we wanted, so first stop was the markets. We had a great time with our English friends Andy and Jenny, buying chess sets, beanies, gloves, bracelets and all of the gringo gimmicks. Great fun.
Then we decided to wander around the streets. Ended up have a grande chat with some police guards protecting a government agency. Great fun for us, possibly not so great for the government........
After our chats we wondered into the Spanish Inquisition museum and then the church of San Francisco, which had a fabulous library that looked just like it had come from a Harry Potter film.
That evening we found a great italian restaurant, shared many a drinks, found a rock and pop bar and got in around 3am. Lima was fun..............
Oh and check out the state of our truck the next morning leaving
Lima MarketsLima MarketsLima Markets

I couldnt resist trying this baby on
Lima. The boys thought it would be cool to drive through the sand. As you can see we got stuck ........


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb