A day of ups and downs


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 26th 2010
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 26.6.2010 day 255
A day of ups and downs
We got up and had bfast at one of the local street café’s. The bfast is included as part of our room rate but the give us a voucher for a nice café and it was very nice. After bfast we organized our stuff to move to a lager room. Then we went to the agent to pay the rest of our trip and pick up our tickets. On the way we saw a old car display in the street. When we went to pay for out tickets the Agent wanted to charge a 10% commission and a very high commission on the tickets making it very high. Also they had a trick calculator so all the calculations ended up more than they should have. So we decided we did not trust them and decided to pull the trip. As they had already booked our airfares we were happy to take the tickets but that left a $US126 deposit remaining that we wanted back. They instead that they had booked our Inca rail tickets so we said we would also do that if they gave us the ticket. They said we had to collect the ticket at Muchu Pucchu and we owed then another $US290 so we have agreed to this. Only time will tell if we actually get the tickets or not. So now we have to book all of the accommodation and buses our selves. So we went back and have book the first 4 days accommodation and will do more of it as we go.
We went to the shops and got dinner to take home and have in our new room. It has a fantastic view of the street and Kenny Park. There is so much happening on the street is fun to sit and was it from our room.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb