we made it to peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
February 6th 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


hello from peru....
So after a long uncomfortable flight we made it to lima, peru. First thing we noticed was how humid it was, even at 7am. our hostel was in a suburb of lima, miraflores. which is the nice area. kind of like the malibu of LA, or the south beach of miami maybe. anyway we were 1 block from the ocean. they had a nice walking area along the ocean. although its 100meters above the actual water. you are actually on a cliff of sorts above the water. so we had to walk down the steps to get to the beach, which was all rocks, not sand. water was cold. not tooo cold, but too cold for me to swim. the hostel we stayed at was ok, room was basic, no tv, no air. which made for a very hot stay. almost too hot to sleep. and kind of loud where we were, all the dopey backpackers hanging out talking about how cool they are i guess. after 2 days of walking all around miraflores area, and sweating, we decided to head south to arequippa. this town is 7800 feet elevation, and near a huge canyon. cola canyon. so we just have to take a nice 16hr bus ride to get there.
-R-



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb