now in arequipa, peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
February 6th 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

hola,
So after a not so nice 16hr bus ride, we made it to arequipa. we departed at 4.30pm, and arrived at 8.30am the next day. the bus ride was not to my liking. im not a fan of fu%&/kin stupid crazy bus drivers. i understand they drive more crazy here than i understand, and its normal. but when you have 50 lives in your hands, i think you can try and slow it down a tick. this idiot thought he was mario andretti. full throotle then full brakes. no in between. always passing, could not stay behind. the problem i had was we were on the upper level of the bus, the bus was really nice, luxury style, but we were on top, and in the front row. so i had the window wide open in front of me, and i was above the driver. well being a guy this did not mix well with a bad driver. i could not look away from the window, and couldnt stop watching what was happening, and how close he got to other cars, and how crazy he drove. especially in the mountains, very curvy roads, and he is tailgaiting other busses and truck, pitch black out, no guard railings, and he is in the oncoming traffic lane, trying to pass around hairpin turns???? again and again, sometimes having to hit the brakes when other cars come, or the guy he is passing swerves into our lane, was ridiculous. so i couldnt relax the whole trip, was not fun. next time i know to make sure not to have a seat up front, i dont want to see whats happening, until after we crash.
so we made it. the town is nice, smaller than lima, cooler, less humid. has a main square, tons of people selling there stuff in the streets. typical tourist things. but its nice. our hostel is nice. its a few blocks away from the madness, quiet. has nice courtyard, grass, trees. room is small. but has tv and our own bathroom. not sure what or how long we will be here yet. ohh if you wanna go on google earth, here is our exact lat and long to see where we are. S16.23.913 W71.32.198
-R-






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb