CarousHell and Other Assorted Tales.


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Barranco
September 3rd 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Flights were fine (if long)... Both managed to leave something in the car beforehand though Grr.


Stuart was over the moon ´cos he got to see The Beaver!...and Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and X-Men 1st Class.

To pass the time Charlene beat Stuart at Poohead and Rummy.

Got to Lima, Passport control was easy but got to the baggage carousel and a suitcase was wedged at the end so all the others were piling up behind and falling off. Stuart, being civic minded, decided to unwedge the case. A German guy tried to help but only suceeded in managing to knock Stu over and piling loads of cases on top of him. Eventually an airport worker stopped the carousel and Stuart got jip off some guy!....Peru is not ready for the Big Society yet.

Charlene got selected for a random baggage scan from the cheapest system ever... push a button and it says to either go right (green light) or left (RED LIGHT).

Found the Taxi driver in a massive crowd. After waiting ages for the other passengers and an hours,seatbeltless (for Stu), ride later as well as 45soles lighter (10 quid), reached the hostel.

Job Done!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb