Huacachina


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Huacachina
August 30th 2008
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After the week in Cuzco and Machu Picchu we decided to head west and stop in a place that was recommended to us. A small desert oasis outside the town of Ica called Huacachina.
After the overnight bus where again we were asked to play bingo, we arrived in the morning in Ica, after a short taxi journey we arrived in Huacachina and quickly got accommodation.
This place was amazing, very small town, pop 115 surrounds by sand dunes, hotel we got had a pool, bar and some very friendly parrots.
We spent 3 night staying here in the most part chilling out, although we did take a day trip to what is known as the poor mans Galapagos. This consists of a boat trip to a island with 1000s of birds and some very early Peruvian markings much like the Nazca lines. We also took in a national park that had a cliff edge to the Pacific - we didn't see Australia but we tried.
So after 3 nice days of relaxing and drinking and eating some good food, it was time again to pack the bags and go proper travelling again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

The Two of UsThe Two of Us
The Two of Us

A shave was needed by Kev


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb