Pilgrimage to The Inca Kingdom


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
August 17th 2007
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our 4 day Pilgrimage to the Inca Kingdom, Machu Pichu, was gruelling in some parts however one of the most rewarding experiences so far on my journey.
We camped and trekked on mostly origional stone paths that ran along the edge of mountains and in some cases through mountains. Along the way there were many inca ruins dating back to the 12century but none as gobbstopping as that of Machu Pichu, our 4 day trek was to lead us to.
As you approached the sun gate after scrambling up massive rock steps, 4 days after hiking through amazing mountainous landscaped and finally pearing over the top, you set eyes on what was once an amazing city of stone and is still one of the greatest wonders of the world, Machu Pichu. Following the same path the inca people used to follow to their kingdom, hundreds of years before the spanish invaded and destroyed most of the amazing buildings they constructed and to this day is still a wonder how they did so..... The massive stones they used and all built on top of a mountain.. its definatly nothing short of an ¨awesome¨ sight....

I took a video of the whole
The Inca TrailThe Inca TrailThe Inca Trail

See those two peaks in the distance to the right of the centre of the picture.... thats where we are going!
4 day journey if anyone is interested give mum and dad a call.

enjoy..


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Inca TrailThe Inca Trail
The Inca Trail

A sunrise in the valley..
The Inca TrailThe Inca Trail
The Inca Trail

Our first inca ruins siting.. after 2 days of trekking
The Inca TrailThe Inca Trail
The Inca Trail

In Inca times they used to shape the hills like this so that they could plant crops.. and the retaining walls they built still stand!!!!!
The Inca TrailThe Inca Trail
The Inca Trail

Finaslly at the sun gate entrance and in the background is Machu Pichu.. the Inca Kingdom on the fourth day..


Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb