Pura Fiesta


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
January 27th 2011
Published: February 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post


Peruvians really know how to party. Mostly, they just like to party. Especially in Cusco; where every age is involved; on the streets, in a club, in your house, in one bottle or in many cups. The dancing and the toasts must never stop; not until the morning sun calls everyone back to their working reality. Even then, it is possible that the party may continue for another day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

DespididaDespidida
Despidida

I am glad that I do not have many photos of how this night ended. . . mustache and uni-brows painted on every face . . .
Mujeres de la FamiliaMujeres de la Familia
Mujeres de la Familia

The aunties, cousins and sisters unite to celebrate Crishna's bachelorette party. November 11th.
SALUD !!! SALUD !!!
SALUD !!!

Part one.
To the Party! To the Party!
To the Party!

The happily newly-weds take-off from the Plaza de Armas to start the party.
La Hora Loca La Hora Loca
La Hora Loca

"The Crazy Hour" arrives at mid-night with balloons and clowns.
La Hora LocaLa Hora Loca
La Hora Loca

Salsa, rum and coke, balloons and clowns.
La Hora LocaLa Hora Loca
La Hora Loca

At Krishna and Willington's wedding.
111910 0938111910 0938
111910 0938

La Tia Merian cracks some jokes with her sister by her side.
Plaza de ArmasPlaza de Armas
Plaza de Armas

And the party moves to another club. (3 a.m.)
Getting MarriedGetting Married
Getting Married

On November 26th, Krishna and Willington were married in the Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Cusco, Peru.
CommunionCommunion
Communion

And the line of ladies in black wait to receive communion after Willington and Krishna are married.
112510 1288112510 1288
112510 1288

Krishna, the oldest sister of Guillermo, greets the her nephew and aunt after the ceremony.
Sister and GuilleSister and Guille
Sister and Guille

Gettin' down at the wedding.
Cumple de ChaskaCumple de Chaska
Cumple de Chaska

Our firends, Carla and Leo celebrate their daughter's birthday of three years with friends. Chaska means "star" in Quechua.
Los PrimosLos Primos
Los Primos

a line-up of the cousins at a family parillada, bar-b-que.
The Newly WedsThe Newly Weds
The Newly Weds

The family attacks the newly weds while dancing in a circle,chanting, "beso, beso, beso." And will only return to dancing once the couple kisses. (This happens many times, to all couples, throughout the night while dancing."
BailaBaila
Baila

Guille's parents are the last ones dancing after the family parrillada.


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb