Random Pictures Around Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
May 24th 2011
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Old and NewOld and NewOld and New

One church, but two very different times. (Chordeleg)
A few weeks ago a few friends and myself went to a few nearby towns by the names of Chordeleg and Sigsig. The towns have different things to offer different people. Chordeleg is very popular if you want to buy jewelry. They literally have jewelry shops all over town. Sigsig is more of a relaxed town that sells Panama hats. However, on the day that we were in Sigsig they were having a festival, so there was a lot to see.
One of my guy friends and I went to a futbol (soccer) match. Cuenca actually has a professional team, although their skill level is not exactly what I would call professional. At the game we also had another unfortunate encounter with cow stomach. It is literally like chewing on a rubber band. I really need to start paying more attention to what I am eating.
This bridge is called the “Broken Bridge” or the “Bridge to Nowhere”. It is near downtown Cuenca and nobody really knows what it is even there for.
My roommate, myself and a few other friends made a trip to the modern art museum in Cuenca. It was really cool. Right outside of the museum is a nice church and some really pretty flowers. Even though I have been in Cuenca for two months, I have still not seen nearly all that it has to offer.
During this past weekend we hung around Cuenca. We decided to relax a little bit since we are always traveling. We decided to go to a market and on the way to the market we saw this beautiful mural.



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The GroupThe Group
The Group

Sigsig
SigsigSigsig
Sigsig

Taken by Miranda
SigsigSigsig
Sigsig

Taken by Miranda
Art in SigsigArt in Sigsig
Art in Sigsig

Taken by Miranda
Passed OutPassed Out
Passed Out

Miranda had to take this picture along with about 400 other pictures, but she was right, this picture turned out great.
Hot, hot, hotHot, hot, hot
Hot, hot, hot

The crowd was waiting for at least two hours fo the concert to start. To be honest I am not sure if it ever did.
Art MuseumArt Museum
Art Museum

Loved this saying


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb