Navimag


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos
October 4th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back again,

after a few days break, and some intensive football watching with a spanish sporst journalist we meet in toorres del Paine, we decided to take a boat up through the fjords of south chile.
We were sailing on an 1972 tranpsort ship from Finnland. It normaly has up to 300 guest on board in high season, but we were aprox. 25 tourists in total (excluding the folk from Puerto Eden).

As it turned out, the boat was empty, alot of us (those who booked the cheaper rooms) were promoted and recived better cabins (cabins with windows) for free. Diana and I also had the luck of getting our own private room.
We had a good look around the boat, not much to see as it is a container ship and normaly transport loads (including cattle). Had something to eat, a beer and went to bed quite early as the next morning the boat was embarking t 5:45 and we should past a narrow part at 6:15, which as Borat told us is an amazing thing to see.
So the next morning, after waking to the sound of Borats voice blasting out of the microphone, we made our way to the top deck. The bridge was also open, the captain and crew all drinking nestle coffe and welcomed us in for a cup.
By the time everybody was up on the bridge & the boat was sailling through the narrow of 80m wide, the sun starting to come up over the horizon lighting the sky yellow and turning the water into champange, some sneeky sailor decided to blast out Sail Away (kind quote get the band to link it, but its that folkish sounding, song...not the Becks one). Cheeky fellow, they must do it every time.

Apart from that it was pretty much the same. Sailing with beautiful weather through the Fjords. Eating three times a day school cantine meals. Chatting and playing cards with the other passengers.

The next night is worth a mention, as this was the night I had abit to much wine and baileys and pisco. We stayed up listening to the guitar and voice of a couple playing self written songs and good old camp fire tunes. After drinking too much I made my way up stairs towards my bed. BUt didnt get much further as the sink next to the
BoratBoratBorat

Navimag tourist guide
door, which I then decided to paint pink with wine from within me. Acorrding to Diana I also spent most of the night next to the bed on the floor asleep.
Didnt do to much the next day as I had a real headache, must be that pisco....

We also witnessed the birth of a horse on board our boat, which was very strange. Poor thing, must have been really scared with all the tourist standing around and the boat swaying.
Oh well, that was about it from the boat journey. Does´nt sound like too much but it was a really good time with some great people.

We then left towards Frutillar....At the bus station we had our biggest problem so far.
We entered our bus with both rucksacks (the big ones and the small ones) as the bus driver didnt have the luggage compartment open. Diana stored hers above the seats while mine I left on the chair beside me. The bus driver had unlocked the compartment then, so up we got again, me going first and out with the big bags. After we returned Dianas ruckasck was missing where mine was still on the seat. We tried to get some help with the little spanish we speak but nobody understood(or didnt want to), and nobody saw anything.
The bad thing being all the goodbye presents, both her coats, her mp3 player, and the camera which we had all our fotos on from Calefate, Torres del Paine and Navimag was in this rucksack. Nothing the thief could use apart from the mp3 player (the camera was broken and on its last days). Anyway thats why there are no fotos from us from these trips. Sad but we have gotten over it...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The horse EDENThe horse EDEN
The horse EDEN

named after an Island we visited
Mr BananaMr Banana
Mr Banana

AKA...rastapasta..
A few in a cabinA few in a cabin
A few in a cabin

the front guy no one knew...


7th December 2009

I'm the guide
i'm the guide, and my name is marcelo not borat......jajajajajajajaja...cya

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb