Moai Moai Moai...


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Easter Island
July 22nd 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The 15...The 15...The 15...

...and a big toppled head
So, I hired a jeep with an Irish/Korean couple at the campsite, and we went off round the Island; Saw the Moai Quarry. Apparantly the heads are just the tops of full Moai buried by a Tsunami in the 60's. Saw the famous 15 Moai, which were spectacular. Saw the place where the birdman cult competition took place. Got told off by a park ranger for driving our jeep somewhere vehicles weren't allowed. Should've known the fact there was actually a roadsign for once was an indication it wasn't really a road....

Also met some Yanks teaching English here for 6 months. Think that would drive me crazy. We went to the beach a couple times, and drank ourselves into oblivion one night. Which was fun.

In Tahiti now. Pics may have to wait til NZ, damned expensive here....




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Me...Me...
Me...

...and the 15
A good look...A good look...
A good look...

...wouldn't you agree
Beach...Beach...
Beach...

...one of two
Me...Me...
Me...

...with sunken Moai


25th July 2006

Cool Story
Hi Adam, just doing a bit of mindless surfing and started typing in friends names into Google. What should turn up, but a story of an epic journey from a little chap from Swindon. Fantastic you are having such a great time. Drop me a bell when you get back. A.
7th August 2006

A good look?
billy, what the hell are you wearing????? nappies go on your backside darling

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.8kb