Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
April 21st 2013
Published: April 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!!!

Rach and I have now been in rio for five days and we are LOVING IT. Absolutely loving it. Dad, mama, why do u not visit Alison more often!! Granny spoons I can see why u and grandpa have made many ventures out here-Alison's house is beautiful! Rach, Alison and I have nicknamed ourselves the 'rio gals' (that's gals NOT girls) anddd cadu is not involved because he is not a gal but we love cadu also, he's so funny!! (For those who don't no cadu is Alison's Brazilian hubby)

We went up to Christ the redeemer a couple of days ago. Was fab!! We some good pics and we were really lucky as it was a really sunny day 😊 when we were at the top an entire group of Japanese woman became obsessed with Rachel! About 6/7 of them lined up to take a pic with rachy! Such a celeb. Alison and I obviously found it hilarious. Alison also took us on a mini car tour of rio but we for caught in lots of traffic so we stopped off on the side of the road (Ali got a coconut!!) and had a drink and watched the sea and the surfers. One surfer lost his board. To quote Alison 'I hope he wasn't a poor chap' and I concurr! Alison has taken us to some fab restaurants!!! One where we kept getting served meat on skewers, like a buffet. Was delicious. Mmmmmmm ???

Just wanna give a shout out to mama caz as its her bday tomorrow! Woo! Happy bday for tomorrow mum 😊

We start our volunteer work on Thursday and had a tour of the school the first day we were here (after 40 mins of sleep on plane...) and it was amazing! The school is in really good condition an the children we met all seemed happy to be there, we can't wait to start our teaching there. We will also be helping out with the much younger children on a seperate day.

One last thing-grandad-I heard u weren't getting our blogs sent to your email?!? You were the first email we added! Sorry about that. I will try an fix it.

Loads of love from the rio gals!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb