Santa Teresa


Advertisement
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bonde (Tram)Bonde (Tram)Bonde (Tram)

Stacey loved clingling on for dear life as we rattled over rickety old bridges.
We went exploring today into Centro which is the city of Rio and the business hub. Absolutely packed, people everywhere. We tried to do the cultural thing and visit the National library and a few museums but they were either closed or to be frank - rather dull. We spent ages walking to find a Palace and then had a walk around the square where slavery was abolished in Brazil.

We then hopped on the ´Bonde´ up to Santa Teresa which used to be a Bohemianesque sort of place. The tram is quite an experience as it runs through Lapa (which is a ´lively´ neighbourhood) and as such young scallywags jump on and off the tram and try to nick valuables. We managed to escape unscathed though and were amazed when we got to the top to find tonnes of ´gringos´ with massive cameras taking shots of the Bonde. Excellent fish resteraunt at the top.

A lack of space on the way back down ment we had to cling on to the side.

Unfortunatly we were not able to take our camera with us for security reasons.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 86; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb