London - Rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
January 28th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The B-TeamThe B-TeamThe B-Team

I pity the fool....
The flight from London departed Heathrow at 11.40am and took around 12 hours to reach Rio.

Going through security in Heathrow, we heard a strangly familiar voice behind us shouting 'I aint getting on no plane' ....and it was none other than Mr T.... Being brought up watching the A-team, raz, conor, john and myself got all giddy.. We were like teenage school girls at an Usher concert trying get his attention. As no one else stepped up to ask him for a photo, I hesitantly asked if he wouldnt mind taking a quick picture. He was suprisingly responsive and lapped up the attention.

The flight wasnt too bad, bit of turbulance but i guess that was to be expected on such a long flight. BA were a bit stingy with the on board food but managed to get a second serving.

We landed in Rio at around 10pm, we got our baggage and headed out, conor had booked us a taxi before hand to take us to our hostel 'mellow yellow', which is a block away from Copacobana beach. It took around half an hour in the taxi (25km). We headed straight in and checked into our 24 bed dorm. As we were one of the last to arrive we had to settle for the top tier beds (on a 3-storey) bunk bed. Having drunk a few litres of water on the plane and the way over i found this to be a major hinderence getting up and down to the toilet. I need to get back into the travelling mode, i guess i am half way there... havnt had a shower yet.

Although we were tired we went up to the bar to check out the place and people. Everyone seemed really cooled and chilled out which was exactly what we needed after such a long flight. Stayed up until the bar closed at 2, and decided to hit the hay. Still a big jet-lagged, but should be alright after a few days.

Our first day (today) in Rio has been a chilled one. We woke up late, had some breakfast and headed down to the copacabana beach. The weather in Rio hasnt been the best. You see these pictures of Rio with clear blue skies but this wasnt to be. Its pretty cloudy and has rained a bit, the humidity is a killer. Think we will head down to Ipanema beach and check that out tomorrow.

Think we will be planning some tours over the next few days...

Anyway ill keep you all updated on what i will be doing so dont worry. Miss you all....




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dorm Dorm
Dorm

24 bed dorm


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb