Paradisio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
February 24th 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Okay...so we took a slight detour on our way to Iguaza Falls and headed down the coast to Paraty for a little beach action and chill out time (much needed after Rio)...and it has been all that!! I love this place, have never been so relaxed in my whole life its amazing! As soon as we stepped off the bus the chilled sea breeze hit us, we even decided to stay a day longercos we have loved it so much!

The bus journey was awesome as the sights were so amazing - winding roads with beaches on one side and mountains on the other -bliss! As soon as we gothere we off laoded the packs and headed straight over to the beach to sit in the glorious sun. I am not normally a beach lover but this was beautiful and the sea was really shallow -good for me who is scared of water!! Me n Sal headed back and made a friend - we called him Dave The dog, he followed us all the way back to the old town, he went for a swim while we walked, waited at the shopdoor while we browsed and we finally lost him when we were nearly home...was funny -Sal hates dogs!

Yesterday was the best day so far, it really was a day in paradise!! It gets red hot at 9 in the morning - nearly frazzled when I went for a run!! We met the girls and Matt and hired a man with pink boat to take us around the islands - brilliant and so amazing!! turquoise sea, beautiful beachs, mountains and tropical forests everywhere you look! Spent the day zooming around in the boat, swimmingand snorkelling - yes me in the sea...snorkelling and I wasnt scared, it was amazing and even touched a starfish and jumped off the boat into really deep water!!!!

After a brilliant day we (being slightly pink) people headed out on the town with the swedes who joined us on our merry trip down the coast from Rio. We were out to celebrate Marcus´30th birthday and had such a funny night, we sang happy birthday at thebar we were in and they brought out a dessert with a candle in (shows what a nice place this is), then went on to watch some Copeira (martial arts) on the street - wow -amazing again!!! Everythingabout this place seems to be amazing! We spent the night drinking Caiprinha´s - was drunk after one!! Then went to a club dancing our attempt atsamba and doing little dance offs -sofunny, think we amused the locals!! Marcus aka Jack was sodrunk me n sal had to take him to our room and put him to sleep on the floor next to the fridge hee!! he got kicked out of the hostel and we had to send him staggering home... oops but so so funny!!

I love this place but think we need to head on to Foz D´Iguaza soon!!!! Its so good to be out of the big city and into the calm and tranquil country!! We have been travelling with a great bunch, think the girls are gonna stick with us a bit longer so all is good here!! Am loving this chilled and laid back country!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

we swam with fishy´swe swam with fishy´s
we swam with fishy´s

went snorkelling
Me and my AcaiMe and my Acai
Me and my Acai

My fave thing so far...apart from Caprianha´s!!!
Amazing CopoeiraAmazing Copoeira
Amazing Copoeira

The most amazing bodies!!
Copoeira - check this oneCopoeira - check this one
Copoeira - check this one

the guy is horizontal in teh air


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb