Ilha Grande...paradise!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Ilha Grande on thursday night just as the sun was setting. It was the nicest sunset I have ever seen!! The sky was so red as the sun set over the mountain backround of Rio De Janeiro.....v.romantic!!! We went on a 2 and half hour trek through rainforest to get to one of the nicest beaches called Lopez Mendes. It was a tough trek uphill through the mountains but so worth it when we found deserted beaches and clear blue sea...good times! Beanie fell on route and twisted her ankle....bad times! We hit the town on Friday night and mingled with the locals, drinking Caiprinhas and dancing Samba with a few interesting local boys. Its a bit hard to dance samba after so many cocktails and I may have done a few bad strictly come dancing moves on the dance floor....
I woke up next morning with two different flip flops on, felt a bit like Cinderella with a hangover....dont know how that happened! (those caiprinhas have a lot to answer for)
We decided the best way to clear our fragile heads was to go snorkling in the Blue Lagoon. We headed off on our boat and swam with the tropical fish in the Blue Lagoon it was brilliant! Check out our under water photos with Scuba Steve! We went to a few beaches along the way and even saw a penguin. Who new there were penguin in Brazil!
Taking it easy today as were heading to Iguazu Falls tomorrow.....20 hour bus journey 😞

Orla

Advertisement



7th October 2008

Poor You !!
My heart bleeds for you all having a 20 hour bus trip in paradise >>> so much worse than being at work !! Glad youre all having a ball. Cant wait to see all the photos and hear the gossip when you get to Sydney. Fionn. xx

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb