Recap of Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Norte
October 13th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

well guys, what can I say Brazil was so amasing, we all loved it so much, as you all know we stayed in Rio for 3 nights two of which were in Copocabana and the last night in Santa theresa, if we were to do it again we would defo get away from Copacabana and spend more time in lapa and sanra theresa. These areas were full of locals and few gringos, perfect for samba and basicallly soaking it all up. After a jam packed 4 days, it was time for chilling out and that is exactly what we got in Ilha Grande....sun, clear blue seas and alot of Bob Marley loving stoned locals!! This place is so chilled out that people are almost going backwards. Highlights for all of us was defo the hike trough the rain forest to reach a deserted white sandy beach. It was pure paradise! We also sampled a few caiprinhas and danced the night away with samba loving locals! We snorkled with tropical fish and even saw a penguin. We laughed so much and met loads of cool people. It was so hard to leave but we were nice and chilled out for our 28 hour bus journey to Iguazu Falls. The bus was grand but at one stage Beanie woke up and found a man staring at me (Orla) while I was asleep, she threw him a look and that was the end of him!
Reached Iguazu and it was el scorcheo (our new word for hot) and fell right right back into the Brazilian way of life....chilled out! Our Hostel opperated on an honesty policy...meaning we had to be honest about how many drinks we had...and we were very honest! We met the real life Mr. Bean who invited himself for dinner with us and a few others....funny.
The Obivous highlight of Iguczu was the falls, we spent two whole days taking in its beauty. First day was on the brazilain side, where we got a panoramic view amd saw loads of tropical wildlife, but that didnt prepare us the spectular and breath taking views from the Argentina Side, it is truely amasing, the noise , the volume, the rainbows. . .we took a boat which brought us right under the falls and completely soaked us and you can all watch us as we got the DVD, yes we are complete tourists and loving it. we had a great time in Iguczu, loved the falls and our hostel, topped up the tans apart from Mary ( Katherine) and got a flight to Buenos Aires. Sin E

It has been very difficult locating a computer with a DVD drive to upload our pics but they are coming. Ok thats it for now.

Chao

Beanie and Orla

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb