Laguna con estudiantes


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
October 9th 2006
Published: October 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Terrorists??Terrorists??Terrorists??

or just my grade 12 students.. one and the same.
This weekend we went camping with some of the older students from Highlands. We had a full Nissan Patrol... bolivian style, 9 people. It was a 2 hour drive and I don't think we got over 50 km/h. Most of it was on dirt road. We planned to leave at 3:30pm friday after school... we finally left at 5:30pm and started walking just as it got dark. The lake was only an hour walk in and we had a great full moon to light the way. We set up camp in the dark and had a quick dinner before the cold forced us into our sleeping bags. But it was so so cold that getting to sleep was difficult even after consuming a few sleeping pills.

The morning was amazingly cool and crisp. We woke up to amazing scenery and a thick frost. The morning was spent lazing in the sun, while the boys fished (unsuccessfully). They also enjoyed shooting at the ducks and birds that call this lake home (also unsuccessfully). They asked 'Ms Bellingham' if she would like a turn shooting at the tin-can... she picked up the gun and shot the tin at her first attempt. The boys were impressed. We packed up camp at about 1pm and were home in La Paz at about 4pm.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

FireFire
Fire

We had to hike to wood in... there are no trees here.


Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb