School Fundraiser


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
October 1st 2006
Published: October 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend we stayed in La Paz the whole weekend! We had a school fair, complete with archery, a jail, pie throwing, various sports, many food stores, mucho prizes and bric a brac for sale. The purpose of the fair was to raise money for our new computer lab... currently we have 12 pentium II 400s which sometimes work and require much patience ( more than I possess).

The day was fun and a great success. Many students and their parents and friends showed up to support the school and we managed to raise US$1700! This is very good, however needless to say, for complete replacement of the computers we need "un pocito mas" (a bit more). If you are interested in donating some money to the cause, just drop us an email and we'll let you know how...

Apart from that, Julie starts working at the school this week (a teacher handed in her resignation and is going back to the states, so julie is helping out for the next month until a longer term replacement is found) which will be primo. She will be teaching the 5th and 6th grade (10-11 year olds).




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

KarmaKarma
Karma

Happy, happy, joy, joy.
El DirectorEl Director
El Director

Taking it for the team


9th October 2006

Who hit James with the pie? Was it you Julie?? Nice shot!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb