Santa Cruz Birthday Party


Advertisement
Published: February 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

ChurchChurchChurch

Downtown Santa Cruz!
First of all, Can´t believe today is February, just looked at the date and was surprised. As everyone knows, we are in Santa Cruz for the second time, chilling for a few days until our VISA´s for Brazil arrive, they should be ready in 2 hours if all goes according to plan! Last night we tied one on for Ryans birthday! Started things off right with Champagne and Fillet Mignon for breakfast, then we went to the Internet cafe call center so Jord could phone the FOX in Vancouver, was pretty funny, I had it on the live web cast (although it did cut out at the end -reliable Bolivian Internet) but thanks to Tara we have an mp3 of the whole thing, which I will try and post a link to on this blog when we get it up on a server. Goldrew is working around the clock with his crew of champions to get that ready.

After the 15 minutes of fame, we rested with our bag of Coca leaves and then hit up the pub for a liquid lunch. Our first round of Jack Daniels since leaving Canada was a pleasant reminder of better booze we aren´t
HomeHomeHome

Home of the Super Deli, best sandwich since Cafe Taza!
normally willing to splurge for. Kiwi´s showed up right on queue, I mentioned them before, they were from the Salt Flat expedition, they´re taking off to New York (well they did take off last night) we were salivating at the fact they had Ranger tickets and were going to see real live NHL hockey (either Toronto or Ottawa, yet they didn´t know!!) anyhow we had some laughs and said our goodbyes, went to the liquor store and then back to our hostel to play some cards with some friends. 6pm we had plans to meet at the Mafia bar where all the local Bolivian billiard sharks hang out, real friendly old fellows drinking and gambling at this rad little bar tucked beside an alley. From there we went for Birthday Cake and then to check out a live band down the street, lots of drinks lots of laughs and lots of good times for Ry´s big 2-5. Tonight we hope to get on a train for Brazil and then soon enough we´ll be back on the beach!

For those who have not seen, not aware, or forgot that Ryan and Jordan have blogs I´ve posted the links below!
I´m backI´m backI´m back

No more amoeba´s! No more Altitude Sickness! No more cold! I know Jacky is pleased!






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

B-day Boy!B-day Boy!
B-day Boy!

Ryan is 1/4 of a century old! It seemed like only a decade ago we had the same celebration for Randy!


1st February 2006

Audacity Rocks
Glad you were able to hear the MP3 Jas. I used my fancy Audio/Video computer here at work to make it, but I wasn't sure if it would work - glad it did - lots of people missed the actual broadcast.
10th June 2006

brazilian visas
Just wondering how many days it took you to get Brazilian visas in Santa Cruz. Thanks John
10th June 2006

visas?
hey guys, just wondering how long it takes to get those brazilian visas, and the procedure that goes with it? if you get a few seconds, could u write me back, thanks

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb