Butch cassidy and The sundance Kid- Yee-Ha!


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

riding Diego!riding Diego!riding Diego!

i may look comfortable!!! but my ass hurt, and my thighs were shaffered!! and am scared of horses!!!
I automatically fell in love with the Bolivan people. short, stocky people. dark skinned and sporting round rimmed hats that were functionally useless!!! but looked great!!

We arrived in Tupiza in Friday...knackered! starving, we found a popular hangout- there is not much to be said about Bolivan food apart from it need taste!!! this country does not know anything about salt. food is bland and ordinary...alot of chicken!!! not evry impressed after all the steaks i had been eating in Argentina!!

This was the area where Butch cassidy and The Sundance Kid made their last stand! they were killed in Tupiza, after their numerous legendary Bank robberies! and what a place to do die. Tupiza is ringed by the rugged Cordillera de Chichas- an amazing landscape of rainbow coloured rocks, hills mountains and canyons!!

We had been so lazy all day that when we finally decided to get off our asses and go horse riding, we started off at 4:50pm.
we rode...well i mainly trodded, keeping firm back grip onto my horse´s raines!! my horse, named Diego, seemed to have a superiority complex and everytime a horse would try and overtake, it would challenge them with a gallop,
Cordillera de ChichasCordillera de ChichasCordillera de Chichas

these ragged ranges surround beautiful Tupiza
leaving me in fear, holding tight to the raines, and cursing the person who made the pants i had been wearing and that had been a constant shaffig on my inner thighs everytime Diego would decide its time to fuck with my head!!

riding as the sun was setting with the mountains illuminting in the sun´s last rays was spectacular...it was like something out of a western movie! but the hard part came when we were wanting to get back! it turns out that the path on our way back was closed and we were forced to find alternative route- one, which it became rapidly clear, the guides didnt know either. we ended up wandering in the dark, falling into holes. The horses were scared and refused to move any further. we had to get off the horses. With light we lead the first horse and the others followed behind!

My ass and shaffed thighs had not hurt so much!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

riding into the sunsetriding into the sunset
riding into the sunset

just like butch cassidy and the sundance kid...not!
Devil´s lare! Devil´s lare!
Devil´s lare!

so it is called..


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 32; qc: 144; dbt: 0.1231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb