From Bolivia to NZ...


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Tupiza
September 25th 2006
Published: January 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After leaving the jungle we headed south for Oruro..enough said about that place! Then we got the train to Tupiza, wild west country. Tupiza is where Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid met their makers. We headed out horse riding for the day to check out the spectacular surroundings of canyons and mountains. We then made our way down through northern Argentina through the european style cities of Salta, Cordoba and Mendoza. From Mendoza we headed west through the Andes to Los Penitentes where we spent a few days skiing before the ski season ended honing our skills! With two days to go till the end of our South America trip be crossed the border into Chile and Chillied out in Santiago!

Arrived in Auckland last week. I'ts a beautiful city right on the waterfront with loads of activites to do. Visited Kelly Tarltons aquarium and the museum etc. Met up with some friends from home which was great. Then we stocked up on fishing and camping gear and headed north. The coast and scenery was beautiful..watch this space for pics. Spent a day in the Bay of Islands touring the islands and swimming with wild dolphins. From here we travelled around the Coromandel Peninsula with more fab scenery and coves etc. We dug our own thermal baths in the sand at Hot Water Beach! Now in the Bay of Plenty...with plenty more fab views! Heading for Rotorua this eve to check out this sulphur city!

Slan go foill

Aoilo and Iano




Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb