Our Bolivian Home


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
June 29th 2010
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As Thomas puts it, this is our Bolivian home.
Our flight down almost went well. At about 5:30am we circled over the airport in La Paz but were not able to land. The pilot announced that the generator had burned out and he was using a back up one. It made enough power to land but not to take off again and the techs in La Paz didn't have a replacement one. So we had to skip our stop in La Paz and go directly to Santa Cruz were there was a replacement. We had to go through Immingration and Customs there. I didn't have the help there that I was expecting to have in La Paz but we managed in the end and were brought back to La Paz by 12:30pm. The kids were really good through it all!
Since we arrived on Thursday, we have been mostly spending time visiting family.
We have taken a few little trips to the market where everyone that is close to Thomas likes to pat his head and call him "chokito" (little blond one). He got so tired of it, he keeps on putting his hood up.
I managed to finish unpacking and also ended up arranging to have Thomas' birthday pary at Burger King. It was not my first choice but the only one that worked for our schedule. It will be this Sunday, so I will post pictures next time..

Good bye for now..


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



30th June 2010

Good to hear from you
Glad to hear that you made it safely ! Enjoyed the pictures. Looking forward to many more. Have a wonderful time ! Hello to Brian when he arrives.
1st July 2010

Chokito Chokito
Hee hee.. that's going to be my new nickname for him... Chokito!! It's weird seeing them in long coats...
2nd July 2010

Thanks for taking us along to see South America. What a wonderful experience for your children! I hope you have a great visit with your family.
9th August 2010

Great trip report and photos
After seeing that plate of crabs, I'm with Angelica! They look delish! Take care.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb