Pigeons, pre-Hispanic masks and Thomas' birthday party


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On our last trip to La Paz 5 years ago, we took a picture of Angelica with the guards outside the Presidential Palace, so she wanted the same picture to be taken again. The Plaza across from the Palace is Plaza Murillo which is home to a large pigeon population because of all the vendors that sell seed and corn to feed them.
Just down the street from the Plaza is the Ethnography and Folklore Museum which had a great exhibit of pre-Hispanic Masks. Thomas enjoyed pretending to be scared of them and really did not want to leave. We managed to get him out by promising to come back when Daddy arrived.
We spent the 4th of July at Burger King with an early celebration of Thomas' birthday. The three employees entertained the kids and also the parents with games that got everyone moving and running. All the family was worried about all the running that Brian was doing since he had just arrived the day before. All in all, everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th July 2010

Great pics!
Thanks for sharing these, I've been enjoying your updates! Burger King certainly seems to have a different atmosphere in La Paz than it does here!

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb