La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
August 13th 2008
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

La Paz, the administrative capital of Bolivia. A city at about 3600metres above sea level. Its a very busy place. The have small mini buses where a guy hangs out the side and announces where they are going, the really pack people into these.
With some help from Anto and Ciara we had a room booked in the Loki hostel, a great hostel owned by Oscar and friends. As we arrived from overnight bus, which was also the warmest bus we had taken, we did a little walk around the city and chilled out in the bar with Oscar that night, a few drinks and some lite banter, actually it went on until the late hours.
As we were suffering, not from a hangover but from the salt flats trip we just chilled out for the next few days.
Even though we had been at a high altitude that La Paz is, we were still prone to suffering from some dizzy spells and would regularly out of breadth when walking up the five flights of stairs to our room, it must be said that Kevin was suffering a lot more than Claire was with this.
We did visit the witches market which is very interesting, and also the coca museum where you can learn the origins of the coca leave and everything that goes with that from coca cola still using it to flavour there drink to the illegal trade of cocaine.
After a few days chilling out, enjoying the beer and excellent food in the Loki hostel, Oscar helped us booked the tourist bus to Copacabana on the shores of Lake Titicaca.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

CheersCheers
Cheers

Enjoying some shots with the staff


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb