Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
August 19th 2008
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a relatively short bus journey which also involved the bus having to take barge across a lake, we arrived in Copacabana on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Lake Titicaca is the highest commercially navigable lake in the world.
With the help and recommendation of Osgur we had booked into a place called Las Olas, what a place to stay for a couple of days, as you can see from the pictures we had our own suite in what they still call a hostel, it was not exactly budget accommodation but we thought it was worth every penny. We had a huge bed with unbelievable views of the lake providing some amazing sunsets. Outside there is hammocks and nice gardens, as you can see in the picture Kev's beard was also coming along well.
We spent a couple of days enjoying the lake and the views. Las Olas also has a restaurant where we had some very nice fish.
The town itself is home to the 16th century Basilica of Our Lady of Copacabana. It also has some nice local markets with local dressed in traditional dress.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

SunetSunet
Sunet

Sunset over Lake Titicaca, taken from outside our room.
View View
View

View from upstairs in our apartment in Las Olas


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb