Day 6


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
February 22nd 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Buenos Aires at 3.00pm yesterday, sad to say goodbye to our brilliant host Chelsea, and a city we both liked, mainly because of its laid back attitude and great variety of sights and things to do. Some of the highlights include the sense of freedom; trying empanadas for the first time; seeing the colourful houses of the district of La Boca painted from paint leftovers in shipyards, also one of the poorest areas of BA; the market in San Telmo that sold everything from fruit and veg to jewellry to antiques and to fake Ray Bans; and meeting some very drunk argentines at Chelsea´s local bar who tried to persuade us to rise up against the queen!

We arrived today in Puerto Igauzu (Northeast Argentina on the border with Brazil and Paraguay) at around 1 o´clock after a monstrous coach trip in which we had to change buses because we broke down for 3 hours, stuck in the middle of nowhere. We still don´t know why! We also only managed to eat once for the duration of the journey. Not great for two teenage lads! It is noticeably hotter here than in Buenos Aires, but I think we were there in a lull of weather as it rained for a couple of days, at one point the streets of BA flooded becuase 70mm of rain fell in 4 hours! Lucikly we were not affected by that though! The plan for the next few days is to visit the world-famous Iguazu Falls, which many say are better than Niagra and which I cannot wait to see! Tonight however will be very chilled out! Maybe grab a few beers in the hostel´s bar and have an explore of the town. I hope to post again tomorrow to let you know if the falls are really as good as they say!

Until then!
Conrad

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb