WOW!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
February 24th 2011
Published: February 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

All I can say is wow! The Iguazu Falls were absolutely incredible! Definately the most impressive waterfalls I´ve ever seen in my life! The sound of them was overwhelming and the amount of water falling every second was unbelievable! You can easily see why they put a HEP station on the Brazilian side of the falls (the biggest in the world except for the 3 Gorges Dam in China). The only problem was the amount of tourists, literaaly crawling like ants all over the National Park, but I think today was a fairly good day numbers-wise becuase it rained most of the day! I still managed to get a little bit sunburnt though!
The falls themselves are split into two, and i think the slightly more impressive side was the Devil´s throat, where you cannot see the river at the bottom of the falls becuase of the mist that rises higher than the waterfall itself, where the Earth literaaly looks to be cracking apart. However, on the other side the sun came up and a rainbow formed along the falls which was breath-taking and was a photographers dream! We got absolutely drenched at one point because you can go within 10 metres of one of the larger waterfalls. Needless to say cameras were slightly waterlogged and are drying as i speak! All in all, despite the 100 peso entrance fee and the nightmare bus journey to get here, it was definately worth it! I can see exactly why some people think they are the best waterfalls in the world and I would certainly go back again!

Last night was also the first night Alex and I have spent in a South American hostel, and I have to say it has been great! We are in a 6 bed mixed dorm and couldn´t have asked for nicer people to share with. We have made good friends with two Germans named Fabian and Michael who came to explore Iguazu Falls with us today and who we cooked tea and shared a bottle of wine with tonight. We also have two Dutch girls in our dorm who are really nice, but came in at 5.45am last night which didn´t really please anyone! The other people in the hostel are also really friendly, particularly some French people we met last night who unfortunately had to go home today. Iguazu, for all these reasons, has definately been the highlight of the trip so far, I have enjoyed every minute of our time here (except for a very greasy pizza we had yesterday!)

Tomorrow the 40 hour bus trip to Bariloche begins...

Oh joy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb