The first day


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 18th 2011
Published: February 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Buenos Aires on time this morning at 0850 local time 😊 luckily no problems with either of our baggage which was a relief and after a quick espresso and a few macarons we bought a ticket for a bus down town. After managing to get the last seats on the first bus (the next was at least half an hour later) we drove for around an hour past huge skyscrapers and shanty towns (known as villas by the argentines) in more 30 degrees celcius, lucky the coach had air-con! When we reached the bus station in downtown BA we went to the desk and the man there told us to wait for another bus to get to near Villa Crespo (the district where Chelsea lives) , but instead they ended up giving us a lift in a private car owned by the company for free!! After being dropped off we knew we were not far from where we needed to be, but a couple of dodgy directions and a few wrong turnings meant that it took us over an hour to finally reach Chelsea's front door at about 3 o'clock. After a well needed shower and brushing of teeth we spent a few hours with Chelsea walking around the local district which all looks the same and is incredibly hard to find your way around because everything is in identical square blocks, though the city definately has a European air to it. We are now back at the apartment and are about to go for a few beers and some food at the local bar. Its been a great start to the trip already!

Advertisement



19th February 2011

MIAOW
SOUNDS GOOD! glad you're both safe and well; miss you both already, HAVE FUN <3

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb