Tigre - a small quaint little town


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
March 10th 2006
Published: March 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Found out that there´s a place called Tigre when we went to Chinatown the other day. Our roommate told us that it´s a nice little colonial town and so we decided to go explore. Took a 45min train ride to Tigre. Pretty nice as it passes through the residential area. Also it´s interesting to observe people in the train. It´s amazing to see the variety of stuff people here sell in the train, from pirated Nike handphone pouch, socks to chocolate cookies. Some of them just stuff their merchandise into our hands. If we like it, we´ll pay him after he returns or we just return him the goods. The good thing is, they´re not aggressive and the things are unsually very reasonably priced.

With no expectation of what Tigre is like, we were glad that that we like what we saw. From the moment we stepped out of the train station, we saw nice ancient looking houses against the blue skyline, and wooden boats docked along the river. The weather is cool and we leisure stroll through some residential areas to get to a market that sells fruits, flowers, furniture and household wares. Woo... the fruits are really fresh and cheap. We bought some and decided to nuah along the riverbank too. We were happily clicking our cameras away when OSM suddenly shouted for us to run! It sounded as if the tsumani is coming as the water from the river suddenly created a huge wave and came splashing over the riverbank railings. I quickly grab my cameras and run. Luckily we were quick and so only my bag was slightly wet. We sat further away from the riverbank to enjoy the scenery and watching other people getting splashed by the occasional huge waves.

Weather is turning cold here. The MacDonalds at Tigre looks very inviting with its al fresco dining where you can enjoy the warmth of the sun and watch children and dogs playing on the field nearby. Stayed till the sun sets before we took the train back to BA.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb