San Antonio de Areco
Background: Following independence from Spain in 1816, Argentina experienced periods of internal political conflict between conservatives and liberals and between civilian and military factions. After World War II, a long period of Peronist authoritarian rule and interference in subsequent governments was followed by a military junta that took power in 1976. Democracy returned in 1983, and numerous elections since then have underscored Argentina's progress in democratic consolidation.
Photos from San Antonio de Areco
Blogs from San Antonio de Areco
Latest Blogs from San Antonio de Areco
- September 30th 2012 Argentina...polo time...
by Words: 1007 Photos: 65
- September 29th 2012 Gaucho time in San Antonio de Areco....
by Words: 568 Photos: 21
- February 5th 2011 Days 80 - 82 San Antonio De Areco
by Words: 365 Photos: 14
- October 26th 2009 Yipee and Yeehaw!
by Words: 602 Photos: 3
- June 26th 2008 Dos Dias en Campo
by Words: 460 Photos: 14
- April 18th 2008 Gaucho Hunting in the Pampas
by Words: 674 Photos: 13
- January 11th 2008 Gaucho town
by Words: 400 Photos: 2
- December 16th 2006 Going Gaucho!!
by Words: 596 Photos: 14
- November 22nd 2006 Bath time!
by Words: 309 Photos: 4
- July 23rd 2006 Gauchos, campo and stray dogs
by Words: 186 Photos: 7
- July 19th 2006 Gaucho Country
by Words: 629 Photos: 13