Fraser island day 5 and 6


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Oceania
April 12th 2012
Saved: May 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The DS challengeThe DS challengeThe DS challenge

Not sure who the biggest kids are!
Day 5 began with the usual DS challenge. Darren and Josh challenge the kids every year. This year Cooper was the overall winner! They play Mario carts.

Today was a quiet day around the camp site and the beach. Gav, Josh, Monica, Sylvia and Darren played poker in the morning with Josh beating them all!

Sonia and the kids went for a big walk down the each to a fresh water lake nearby and I did sometidying up in Preparation for going home tomorrow.

The kids did some egg painting with Erica. Erica brought these with her for abit of a fun Easter activity for the kids. They had a lot of fun doing this, it was great.

Weather was gorgeous again. Sand castle building was the order of the day and Luke and Olivia caught their first ever wave all the way into the beach on the boogie board!

Each night we played the traditional game of trains. Sylvia won the first two nights much to Darren's disgust! (he hates losing!) ha ha. Erica won one night. There were the usual protests regarding technicalities about the rules and the constant exchange of banta to try
Painting Easter eggsPainting Easter eggsPainting Easter eggs

The kids had fun painting eggs. The Easter bunny comes every year to Fraser.
and put the opposition off! It was good fun and a great time was had by all.

Day 6 Unfortunately we had to head home. I hate leaving this place. Fraser is one of my favorite places. We had enjoyed a beautiful full moon rising over the horizon every night this week and this made it even more beautiful. It was a good day to be going home as the gorgeous weather we had been enjoying was gone. It blew a gale all night and by morning it was windy, cold and a little rain was starting.

Again the size of the tides caught us out! Oh well it just adds to the adventure! Darren's car was running really badly by now. We had to stop regularly as his engine light was coming on and at times the car simply couldn't go any faster than 40 to 50 K's. We finally made it to the barge unscathed. Sonia went on ahead as she had to get back to Sydney and was hoping to get as far as Coffs Harbour by night fall. We stayed with Darren and Erica all the way home to make sure they were ok.
Full moon risingFull moon risingFull moon rising

We were treated to a rising full moon every night at Fraser.
All up the trip home took us 13 hours! Usually it takes approx 5!! At least our damage list didn't get any longer! Gee it was a great week!! Can't wait for next year!

Oh by the way-only 10 weeks until we leave for The Cape!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Trying to get to the barge.Trying to get to the barge.
Trying to get to the barge.

We had to battle the tides again. The barge was in sight! We eventually braved it and got through.


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 1.48s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb