Cape York 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
February 18th 2012
Published: February 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cape York 2012

This map gives a basic outline of our intended travel route. Although we are not intending to be bound to it we always feel its good to have a rough idea of where we are going. (always open to change!)

Our goal!Our goal!Our goal!

Just borrowed this image from the Internet because obviously we don't have one of our own yet! Cant wait until we do!!
The decision to travel up to cape York was made in June 2011 while we were traveling the Birdsville track with my parents, Craig and Marie, my husband Gavin and our children Sylvia, Olivia, jack and Luke. It is a trip that my parents have done before with a tag along tour in 2000 and one that has been a goal of gavs for as long as he can remember. Everyone was excited that the decision had been made and the count down began!

The first hurdle to overcome was time off work, I'm lucky I have a government job so that made it a little easier but gav works in the private sector and we were worried that they may not be happy about him taking 17 weeks off work! We were really surprised (and happy), To find that his work were excellent about it, they told him to have a great time and see you when you get back! (unpaid holidays ofcourse!).

Mum and dad then had to decide if they would go in a tent or buy their own camper trailer. Dad is now the proud owner of a pioneer camper trailer! We are planning more trips in the future so im sure he will get lots of good use out of it. It is now 18 weeks until departure and we are finding it really difficult not to get too excited, there's still a lot to do between now and when we go!

I have included a map on this blog to give a basic outline of where we are planning on going. We do know we probably won't stick to this plan but we felt we should have a rough idea of where we are going. I began by splitting it into things we definitely want to see/go and things that we would like to see if we have time.

We don't want to rush as we found when we did the Birdsville track last year that we just didn't have enough time and felt a little rushed. As much as we enjoyed the trip we missed seeing lots of things we wanted to see because we were running out of time. (we did the birdsville and strzelecki tracks in two weeks). So this time we just want to take our time and still see as much as possible.

Will keep you posted on how preparations are going!

Advertisement



2nd March 2012

i'm excited
Dad and i are loving our new camper trailer and we're just excited as you!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb