Au revoir NZ


Advertisement
Oceania
March 9th 2010
Published: March 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kia Ora,

Well, the time has finally come, we are leaving NZ for Hong Kong in a matter of hours! We both cannot believe that we have been here for 10 months and we are both so sad to leave the country that has become home to us, but at the same time we are so excited about traveling Asia that we can barely keep still!

Over the last week or so we have spent some time travelling down the South Island, starting at the bottom of the country at Queenstown, where we stayed in a beautiful backpackers over looking the mountains. We were lucky enough to got to Milford Sound (we couldn't visit last time as the road was snowed in!) less snow this time, but still bloody cold! Its amazing how diverse this country can be, hot and humid in Auckland and snowy down south! Milford sound was amazing, we even managed to spot a few dolphins and seals, and because the snow was melting, there were lots of waterfalls rushing down the sides of Fjords.

We then took a spectacular bus journey through the mountains to Dunedin, which is on the west coast of the South Island and we spent a brilliant few days wildlife spotting, we managed to see Albatross, Seals, Yellow Eyed Penguins and Sea Lions....in fact the Sea lion chased us (let me tell you they can move surprisingly fast when they want to!) absolutely a fantastic We hope you enjoy the photos!

We literally have just got back from Christchurch (very pretty city, mercifully flat compared to Dunedin....and where I bough my new backpack...mine decided to split on the way to the airport great timing eh?!!! mad dash around the city to get a new one before racing to the airport!)

Anyway must dash now! Still got a few bits to sort out!

We miss you all and look forward to catching up with you in the UK on the 9th of May !
Marie and Mike

xxxxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Picture 090Picture 090
Picture 090

View from our room at Butterfli lodge
Picture 122Picture 122
Picture 122

On our way to Milford Sound, 6 hours into our drive
Picture 135Picture 135
Picture 135

remments of a recent avalanche
Picture 266Picture 266
Picture 266

The Mighty Fergburger
Picture 274Picture 274
Picture 274

Sheep blockade on the way to Dunedin
Picture 286Picture 286
Picture 286

Dunedin Railways station
Picture 291Picture 291
Picture 291

something in NZ that is made of Brick!
Picture 301Picture 301
Picture 301

Albatross, believe it or not these guys looked much bigger then they do here!


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb