Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
March 17th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey all!

We hope you are all well and that you enjoyed the pictures of us being chased by sea lions!

As you know we left New Zealand and arrived in Hong Kong on Mikes Birthday!(Happy Birthday baby) we had an absolute blast. Hong Kong was fantastic, I don't think we've ever been anywhere that is quite so diverse, we stayed in Kowloon at first, which is Hong Kongs slightly grittier neighbour. We had a great time walking through the street markets, seeing amongst all the fruit and veg, live chickens and fish for sale (still at least you know its fresh!) we also saw lots of goldfish being sold in one street, mad!

We also managed to stay on Hong Kong island for a couple of nights, every night the buildings take part in a light show, as soon as the sun goes down (and if the humidy an pollution allow), everything from miles around just lights up in every single neon colour you can imagine. Brilliant! We also went to Soho, which has a huge escalator running through the street as its so steep! (wish they had had one of those for Queen Street in Auckland.)

We went to Ocean Park and saw lots of pandas, including many that had been rescued from the earth quake in the Chengdu region in 2008, and we went to see the Giant Budda statue, just off the island which was amazing!

I have resisted the urge to put all the photos in order,( I am usually pretty pedantic about this!) and have left them all mixed up, you get a better feel for what hong kongs like that way! (pretty chaotic!)

We are in Thailand now, still trying to adjust to the heat and get our bearings. We are in Phuket (in case any of you have been watching the demos on TV in Bangkok - don't worry we are no where near it!)

Be in touch soon, if you need to get in touch best to email us until we get a thai sim card!

Much Love

Marie and Mike




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb