The toilets really do swirl the other way!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys.

Greg here with the first blog from an idividual. We realized that it was too weird to always write in the 3rd person and Lizzie wants to talk about her feelings so we decided that I would write the blog today.

We are in Nelson, NZ, which is in the northern part of the south island and having a great time. We arrived in Christchurch on Wednesday morning and picked up our RV. Driving the first day was really scary but I am feeling much better about driving on the left and using the shifter.

The first night we went to the town of Hanmar Spings to swim in some hot springs. They ended up being more like therapy pools for people 70 and up. Not quite the scene we were looking for. We got out of town and camped in a National Forest where we got eaten alive by biting flies and had to eat, make the bed, and sleep with all the windows closed.

The next morning we headed down to the coast which was a wonderful drive. The highway followed the coastline of jagged rocks and beautiful teal water. We headed up into the mountains a bit into the Marlboro region, where we stopped of at a few wineries and tasted som sav. blanc, then up to Picton for the night.

Yesterday, we took a boat out into Queen Charlote Sound where we were dropped off to hike part of the Queen Charlote Track. It was a really nice trail with spectacular views. While we waited for the boat to pick us up at the end of the hike, we sat on the lawn of a resort and drank a bottle of wine and watched the wind blow across the bay. It was a very peaceful way to end a 7 mile hike.

It is rainy today but we made it to the farmer's market this morning before it got too bad and bought some nice produce and sausages.

Might check out a museam of movie this afternoon and we are definitely going to find a shower (or at least a private place to get the soap and shampoo out in the rain)

All in all, we are having a great time. Hope everyone is doing well back home.

Greg


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Formal dining roomFormal dining room
Formal dining room

(Also doubles as: living room, bedroom, kitchen prep area, storage, changing room, and vanity)


1st March 2008

thanks for the great update Greg! We all miss you both xo
1st March 2008

Wonderful
Sounds wonderful. We can almost smell the inside of the camper!
1st March 2008

Have Fun!
Looks like you guys are having a great time. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb