NELSON: Our Hostel summed it up perfectly - Paradiso!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
January 28th 2008
Published: February 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, sorry these blogs are turning into essays, im not even sure if they're interesting lol!! Nelson was beautiful, i loved it soooo much!! Our hostel was amazing, had its own pool and hot tub and was really homely! Was called PARADISO!!!! Had spent the evening before watching Jerry Maguire in the living room, lol!!! Missing my home comforts already and its only been two weeks!!! Id kill for a lovely bubble bath though-would make it complete!! ha ha!!

Was up at the crack of dawn for what seemed like the millionth time to go to Abel Tasman for a days hike and kayak trip!! Its really famous for beautiful beaches and scenery!!Is like a tropical paradise! Was a really hot day aswell, so we decided to do the shortest walk and spend a few hours swimming in the sea instead!! Why not eh?! The kayaking as AMAZING!!! You could really appreciate the scale of the beauty (it soundslike im spouting off a load of rubbish but it realy was stunning!!!) So Lee and Trev, you better watch out when i come home im gonna be a kayak champ and whoop your ass!!! hee hee!!! Really though, i was surprised how much it killed my arms and it only got worse the next day!! Even saw some manta rays underneath the kayak at one of the coves we saw which was pretty amazing!! There were just loads of shadows beneath us at one point!! Thank god i didnt fall in, didnt fancy trying to rip off my rubber skirt thing much while i was under the boat!! That was the only thing that worried me, lol!!

Felt absolutely shattered that evening, but glowing with the first signs of a tan (come on!!) me and Fi decided to go for pizza in the town which was gorgeous!! Best meal ive had in a while!! Missing your cooking a lot mum!! Cant wait to get myself settled in Oz with our own kitchen, im getting annoyed already not having my own space!! But nevermind thats something ive just got to put up with, its not like ive got much else to worry about is it?!!! lol!!

Drove down the West Coast towards Greymouth (our next stop) and the landscape was just AMAZING!!! Ive never seen anything like it before, like tropical cliffs with golden sands and bright blue seas!!! Lots of films have been shot down this stretch apparantly, including some scenes from Jurrasic Park (the ones where they are flying into the island on the helicopter) and it was so beautiful!! (Well you can see form the photos how amazing it was!!) Also stopped by at a seal colony off one of the beaches and there were so many!! And there were tiny little babies splashing around in the rock pools!! Unfortunately my zoom isnt powerful enough to get a good photo but you get the idea, lol!! Also saw the famous 'Pancake Rocks' which were really cool, hundreds of big stack formations that look lile lots of pancakes all stacked up on top of each other!!! Oh yeah have to mention the best ice-cream i had here, Boysenberry and yoghurt-just AMAZING!!!! Lol! you know i like my food lol!

Anyway i think ive pretty much covered it lol!! Hope everyones well, thanks for all your messages and comments so far-i like getting them!! :-) Take care and much love xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb