WELLINGTON: Home of the gum boots!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
January 26th 2008
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

A big hello to everyone back in Blighty!!! :-) Back on the good ole Magic bus to Wellington......this time with a few young(er) people. Met Lucy and Amy from the UK, and we've been with them pretty much ever since! Amys actually from Canterbury!! (What a small world, lol!!) Stopped at a few scenic places along the way for photos and breaks and the chance to soak up the first few rays we've had since we arrived in New Zealand! Went up Mount Victoria and got some amazing views of Welly!! Such a gorgeous little place, is built into the mountainside and all the houses are staggered up the side, with mental steep little steps and some even have their own cable cars!!!!! You would definately get fit living here!! Gota lovely little harbour and water area too, i realy loved the place, feels like somewhere i could stay for a while!! Unfortunately was a tight schedule so only got to spend one night!! Arrived at our hostel to find they'd messsed up our booking so we got upgraded to the 'sanctuary suite' aka free champagne and fluffy white towels!! (May sound like a small luxury but i am getting fed up of drying myself with my blood chammy thing!!) ha ha! SWEET AS, as the Kiwis say!!

Decided to have a night out on the town so met up with Lucy and Amy at our hostel bar! Was going to be a quiet one as we had to get up at 6 for the ferry to Picton in the morning, however managed to stumble in around 4!!! Needless to say felt extremely rough on the choppy three hour ferry journey!! When will i learn eh?

xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



3rd February 2008

Emoo!
Hey Em, great pics!! Looks like you have managed to get drunk plenty. Have you by any chance bought cheap County wine yet!!!! Anyway keep us posted!!! Cool that you did the skydive by the way!!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb