GREYMOUTH: What seemed to be the end of the earth!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Greymouth
January 29th 2008
Published: February 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, me again!! Trying to plough through these blogs lol!!! Arrived in Greymouth around 4ish!! What a sorry looking little town, so grey and lifeless-didnt like it at all!! And the town was awful, nothing and nobody there, lol!! Was an old mining town and it kinda still looks like it would of back then, very strange!! Karl our new coach driver had basically said there was nothing to do there so he had organised a bbq for everyone!! He was really good actually at getting everybody to go out together-made a real difference from our last driver-who was a miserable so and so! Karl actually knew all our names by this point so we kinda all started 'bonding' lol!!

Anyways......there was only one other thing that Greymouth was famous for and that was its breweries, so me, Fi and Kate decided to give it a go and we had a really good laugh actually!!! We sampled 7 different types of Monteiths beer (and they werent just little sample glasses they were like half pints!!!!!) and then we were allowed to help ourselves behind the bar!! Its not very often you'd get a chance to do that now is it? Lol!! So yeah by the time we got to the bbq it was safe to say we were all feeling just a little bit tipsy and then we got another free pint there!!! Have developed a bit of a thing for Radlers now :-) Basically its a full strength beer with lemon and lime that tastes like shandy!! A girls drink lol - DELICIOUS!!!

But the bbq was good fun, met loads of people from the bus, Geraldine, Kate, Lucy, Jess, Tom, Lawrence......... You'll see some photos of them shortly! But yeah that was about it really! Stayed at a really cool hostel though, it was called Noahs Ark and each room was decorated in a different animal print, ha ha!! was really strange actually, we stayed in the pigs room (i know charming eh???) and it was VERY pink, in fact everything was pink (very girly) and there were pictures of pigs everywhere and a little pig shrine on the floor with statues, very odd!! Im gonna leave it here though, more to write next, hope everyones well, love to you all xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb