Oxford down under.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
March 15th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It's just like being in oxford apart from the lack of colleges and students. Ie it has a river, punting, a church, two bars, and aside from that naff all to do. Really nice hostel though with comfy beds, big TV and sofas and bar and pool table. Watched friends whilst doing laundry (multitasking), before heading to cinema to watch "notes on a scandal" (average) then early bed (special)

Today have posted some stuff home (inc. 4 souvenier tshirts from jumping out or off various things) and had a kebab (was really good), then bought some stuff for south america (proper suncream and toothbrush etc. Dont trust that stuff. May even buy some exciting camping trousers and a long sleeved tshirt to avoid the malaria. Have remembered to take my tablets for not getting malaria as well. Awesome. Nice sunny day here so may go to park (2nd biggest in world apart from central) or the botanical gardens, before going to bed stupidly early to prepare for 5.30am start and pretty much all day in Auckland airport.

PS found four dry meals (for hiking) in the kitchen of the hostel that were in (or at least very close to) the free food area. they now reside in my rucksack. Expensive those things, and I'm going to need some. May celebrate my find with a steak for dinner. Almost definately going to do that actually.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb